Friday, July 13, 2012

Another Day: A Few More Words

I'm happy to inform everyone that the second draft of Zox: School of Gods is still going strong. I've now reached 6800 words. I'll still be working on it more today, but sometimes I need a break from writing. If I'm not writing, I'm reading and if I'm not reading, I'm writing. That or lurking on forums and tumblr and wherever else might take my fancy. If I'm doing none of those, I'm watching some of my favorite shows or starting ones I've not watched before to determine whether or not I like them. I do know my favorite shows of all time are Quantum Leap, Sailor Moon, Torchwood, Doctor Who, Junjou Romantica, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Queer as Folk (US). I've also been known to enjoy Dragon Ball Z, Kim Possible, Monk, Diagnosis Murder, CSI: Miami and Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I seem to be drawn to the numbers 7, 13 and 17. Other numbers too, but those are my favorite, especially 13. Not because I enjoy horror movies - frankly most of them bore me to tears. Unsolved Mysteries, 48 Hours and Mystery Diagnosis are the things which can really get to me - because they're real stories and when they're unsolved and/or mysterious that's when its scary and sad. I feel so much emotion for and over real people - especially those left behind, particularly ones without closure. I often wish and hope and pray that the bodies of the lost will be found and that the culprits will be brought to justice.

Now, getting back to Zox: School of Gods, I'm feeling really optimistic about it. It seems so much better than the first time. Maybe because its going so quickly, or because its written so much better. It's probably not perfect, but I'm hoping it's near enough and that beta readers/editors can give me some feedback on my weak points when I've finished the manuscript.

I was wondering if the title should be changed to Akuro Kikuchi and Yggdrasil... since not every book could be called Zox: School of Gods... because it is a school and that's where the majority of the series takes place, on the grounds of Zox... or maybe something like Zox: School of Gods and Yggdrasil. I guess figuring out a different title can wait till I've finished this second draft and have a couple other people look it over.

I'd love to be able to get to 15% today, but I think I've done well so far to be at 9% instead of stuck at 2%. 






And now the blurb of the day.

Blurb: Even if they told him that he wasn't dreaming, he couldn't find himself believing any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment