Monday, February 11, 2013

So Tired of Anemia and Social Anxiety Disorder

Do you know how much anemia sucks? Well I suppose you might if you've ever been anemic in your life. And I feel terrible for those who have worse cases than my own.

I've been anemic since around the year 2007 ~ maybe even before that I'm not entirely certain. I only know that it got found out after being taken to the hospital in a police car after my mother called 911 when I shoved a bunch of wellbutrin in my mouth. I later spit it out when I went up to my grandfathers where I'm currently living... they wanted to check to see if I'd overdosed.

Apparently I didn't swallow any of the pills. I couldn't since I didn't have any water and on that walk from my mothers to grandfathers I guess I thought it through, I don't really recall.

Anyway they found I was anemic then and had me taking 18mg iron tablets x3 a day for just a month. Apparently my anemia was worse than that... The next year my primary physician had me taking that for the whole year. Well it got worse around 2010 anyway and I had to take 325mg x2 a day. It got better for awhile and she lowered the it to just one tablet, but now I'm back up to two.

I just feel so zapped of enegery a lot of the time. You know, shortly after I'd gotten out of the hospital in 2010 I went to the store with my mother and asked to use one of those scooters as I still felt rather dizzy whenever I was standing/walking... but they wouldn't let me use it since I'm not even 30 yet. The woman was rather rude too... so I had to walk around the huge walmart and every now and then my eyes would start to go dark (I really don't know how else to explain it)... when I was sitting down it was fine and thus why I wanted to use one of those motorized scooter things the store provides. I do know someone who works at walmart and she told me they should have let me use it. I babysit her autistic son when she's at work.

I also suffer from social anxiety disorder so it takes a lot of prompting myself to even get out of the house. It's worse than it used to be... rude people that I've come across too many times I wonder if that just made it worse. But now I'm actually on medication for it... the generic for zoloft. It helps a little I suppose... I go out more often, but I still don't like people approaching me to talk... or having to speak to the cashier although a lot of time I go anywhere my grandfather or mother are usually with me. And if I go in by myself? At least in winter I can wear a jacket with a hood, don't know what it is, but makes me feel a little bit better/safer?

Tell me about your experience with anemia or social anxiety disorder, its always nice to hear from others whom have one or both of these conditions.

1 comment:

  1. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder

    ReplyDelete